Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dusting off the Blog

There are quite a few dusty blogs laying around.  It's been 2 years since I touched this one.  I hardly read blogs any more, and most of my favorite bloggers abandoned theirs as well. 

We all blame Facebook.  It's easy, convenient, there's an app on my phone.  It takes a second to post an update, and in a few minutes, you can scroll through a whole list of posts, catching up with friends while sitting at my kids' piano lessons.  I've also noticed that my attention span isn't quite as long as it once was.  My mind starts wandering after just a few lines. 

I've wondered what to do with this blog.  Do I take it down?  Delete it?  Let it be. 

A part of me has hoped that I could start writing again.  I still have things to say.  There are days when the Facebook status update box seems so small.  But I remember the time it took to keep up a blog.  I don't have that time, not with
  • homeschooling high school, 
  • soccer practice, 
  • American Heritage Girls, 
  • piano, 
  • choir, 
  • teaching Bible study, 
  • leading worship, 
  • supporting my husband in his ministry, 
  • visiting friends in the hospital, 
  • supporting fellow home-educators,
  • praying, 
  • reading, 
  • cleaning the house, 
  • cooking, 
  • learning how to live gluten-free...
These are just a few of the things that have kept me away from blogging, and yet, these are the things that fuel my desire to begin writing again. 

I've been asked by a friend to write a guest post for her blog.  It's been so long, and my thoughts just aren't flowing the way they once did.  I'm rusty.  Still, it's awakening something within me.  Maybe it's the push I need to start writing again. 

5 comments:

misskate said...

I have you on my blogroll, so whenever you do post, I'll get to see it. I wish you would write more, but as an also lapsed blogger, there is no judgement or pressure from me. :)
I was just happy to see a post from you pop up today.
If you do guest blog, please remember to put a link to it on this blog. :) Hugs!

GoughRMAK said...

I have your BLOG on my Google Reader, and when it's updated, I see it. Mel always updated our BLOG, and it was a chore. I do miss reading about everyones lives.

Take Care,

JoAnn said...

Welcome back. Glad you are thinking of dusting off your blog and starting up again, no matter how much or little it is. :)

spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cleaner’s wellington said...

I remember reading your post and thinking that I wasn’t alone as well. It’s a very hard subject those who write you.