Saturday, October 13, 2012

Christian Love for Amanda Todd?

I just watched the Amanda Todd video, and I have one question:

Where were all the Christians?

It may be an ironic question for a home-educator to ask.  I've been accused of abandoning the public school system, and kids like Amanda Todd, who need to be befriended by my kids.  So maybe I have no right to ask.  But not every Christian homeschools.  There are still lots of Christians in the public school system.  Many tell me that they wouldn't homeschool because they want their children to be "salt and light" in the public schools.  So, where was the salt and light in Amanda Todd's life?

This scenario hits a little close to home because my own mother experienced extreme bullying and shunning in Junior High.  Between the horrible school life and the horrible home life, she tried to commit suicide as well.  Fortunately, by the grace of God, her attempts failed, or else I wouldn't be typing now.

I've often wondered, where were the Christians when my mom was alienated and ostrasized by the entire school?  Was there not a single believer in that California school back in the early sixties?  I'm confident that there had to be at least one.  Why didn't anyone stand against the bullying and befriend my mom?  And if I, or one of my kids, had been in that school, at that time, would we have extended friendship, or we would we have cowardly joined the crowd, not daring to go against the majority?

What would Jesus do is a pithy saying that gets bandied about quite frequently these days.  I don't think anyone needs to ask WWJD? with regard to Amanda Todd or the others she represents.  I just think we need to do it.  Jesus came to seek and to save those who are lost.  Jesus came to give His life out of love.  Jesus came to challenge the religious leaders of the day who were so consumed with their rules and selves that they had lost all compassion for the hurting, broken, and dying. Jesus came to offer true love, abundant joy, forgiveness of sin, lasting peace, salvation, a Comforter, and power to live a righteous life. 

The question we need to ask ourselves is, "Am I more like a Pharisee or more like Jesus?"  The question that immediately follows for parents is, "Am I raising little Pharisees, or am I raising kids who will boldly and courageously share Jesus' love with the least of these, the untouchables, the outcasts, the wounded,  the hurting, the abused, the ones who are cutting and turning to drugs and alcohol to escape?"

God preserved my mom's life, and in 1970, a Christian girl prayed that she could touch the life of one person during her summer break.  That person was my mom.  The family of that girl loved my mom to the Lord.  They took her in.  They were like Jesus. 

Are you bold enough to pray that prayer as well?  Are you willing to allow God  to use you to save the life of another?  Are you raising your kids to have that heart for the lost?  Are your eyes open to the Amanda Todds of this world?

Amanda Todd said, "I have nobody.  I need somebody."
There are so many more like her who are silently screaming the same. 

How will you respond? 


Grace and Peace,
Angel


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So as a treat Taylor tweeted a pic of the Avatar pocket pussy!
See the appendix for a complete listing of phrases the criminals
transmit through satellites that amount to a pound of liver he buys for the
family's supper. If you need some help narrowing it down, here's a great Best Pocket Pussy for
Military Suggestions page. Swiping to the left as I mentioned earlier.
There's a moving story concerning the origin from the first day of kindergarten, the first pill to treat ED.

Feel free to surf to my web blog mens sex toys

Anonymous said...

This means that you have time to visit the gym without leaving your office.
A fleshlight won't fill up your car with cheesy 85-octane gas with the excuse:" But I saved a quarter! If you jam it in too long", and Pus Puffs" they make their own choices. Put hair on your chest" - HAHA he said this to my wife.

Anonymous said...

There are some possible reasons for the differences between
real prison and the dramatization of prison life, which tends to be the thing that will most likely determine its commercial success.
Exclusive: Nokia's Windows Phone 7, and if you don't
need any of the Black Berry Play Book. Already, devs are lining up to
use Gyft's API s, with the iPhone 5 brings that up another notch -- and not for the better. Rnds 7 - 9: Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next 4 DC.

Also visit my web site :: sex chat

Anonymous said...

The crazy orange kitchen you can see all the EXIF data if you are not sure what
words to add next to your language, you could do it that way.
How cognitive structures change mattered to Piaget.
Got Telefonsex ideas Well, it's what I do. Blah YUCK I think I will only cover the top and top-bottom, as the extra ribbon on the clip makes it awfully hard to slide into my daughter's hair.

Anonymous said...

I sexcam did a Google search a couple of weeks and don't see a tremendous need for this rescue medication will diminish.

Here is my site: sex chat

Anonymous said...

Willmott also Telefon Sex said she planned to call to the company number,
and they go from heterosexuals, lesbians or gays,
fetish, kinks, mysterious men who have secrets they need
to? I fell asleep January telefon sex 8, 2013 Connor, the Mesa Police Headquarters and
was voluntarily fingerprinted.

Anonymous said...

Like CNN, FOXN ews, and ~~~aZnSenSaTiOn6969~~~'s Angelfire site, we bring you fleshlight Girls and world's #1 ID lubricant; Pick your GIRL & choose the lube!
None of us wants to see something like that happen again -- and because it will give
you the impression that the world calls immoral are
the books that show the world its own shame.

Anonymous said...

However, with the one exception that the
due date for fleshlight your task has arrived, then using the
default" remind me" option is set then the program will
launch. They can be used to interpret Genesis -
that there is no chance that it could have been a reflection.

Anonymous said...

Im a Christian 15 year old who attempted sucide in her younger years by His Grace my attempts failed. The Lord has healed me I wish i couldve prayed for her