Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Midway Geyser Basin: Scripture & a Snapshot



The Bible and Photography...it doesn't get much better than that, so I'm excited about this brand new "Scripture & a Snapshot: giving glory to God through our photos" Challenge.

Being in Yellowstone, it was hard to deny the handicraft of God, so it was easy to pick a photo that gives glory to God and easy to pick a Scripture to go along with it! At times, it just seemed like God was totally showing off.  Time and time again, He took my breath away with the majesty and diversity of all that He had created.

This photo was taken at the Midway Geyser Basin. It was a place unlike any I'd ever seen, and truly the photo doesn't do it justice.  You really have to go there yourself.


"Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD of Hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory."
Isaiah 6:3

13 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love the verse you chose to go with this picture! Knowing The Creator gives you a whole new perspective on beautiful places like this one. Thanks for sharing!

Betty Anne said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous view -- Wow !

Emily said...

Holy, Holy, Holy indeed. He is amazing........this hsot is amazing.

Katie said...

What a creative God we have!!! That is amazingly beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge this week!! :)

Natalie said...

Truly breathtaking photo and I love the verse you put with it!

Katia said...

Hi there,
I remember you from HSB. I am so sorry to read you are fighting cancer. God's blessings be upon you, may He heal you and restore total health to you.
I love your shot, and this verse is just totally matches the shot. Beautiful! Love this verse. Yes, the whole earth is FULL of His Glory!.

Branch Of Wisdom said...

Beautiful photograph and lovely verse to match!

I'm continuing to pray for your journey. You are such an inspiration of His glory in your fight.

~Tamara

Jimmie said...

We went to Yellowstone in June this year. It was my first time and I fell in love. AMAZING. I agree with you. The entire trip was an act of worship. LOVED it.

Mom of M&Ms said...

Simply Beautiful.. this speaking right to my heart.

Susan said...

WOW!!!

This is so beautiful. I can't imagine living around such beauty.

GREAT word.

So nice to meet you♥

G.L.H. said...

Just discovered that you are back to blogging. I'm glad that your treatment is working, and praying for your complete recovery.

Thank you for your frankness about the weight-loss issue. Very timely, and words to be considered well.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I really need to go there! Such beauty and majesty!

call*me*kate said...

We went to Yellowstone a year ago and, yes, we saw God's handiwork everywhere - simply amazing! Lovely photo! So glad you got to enjoy the beauty.

Continuing to pray for you. So glad the last chemo is just weeks away. May God continue to lift you up and care for you and your family and bring you complete healing.
- Kate