- I prefer Meijer generic ice cream sandwiches to WalMart generic ice cream sandwiches, and yes there is a difference! So much of a difference, in fact, that I had to buy a box of Meijer brand for myself and gave the kids the Walmart brand.
- After VBS today, my eldest daughter (10) said her favorite part was Story Time, followed closely by tye-dying. That totally warmed my heart since I was her Bible Story Teacher. You'd think she'd be tired of just me! It's also encouraging, because I'm working with the 4th & 5th graders for the first time. Usually, I teach the younger kids, or do music, so I was worried the older kids might get bored, and they didn't. To God be all the glory!!
- I've only had to run the air conditioning for a couple of weeks this entire summer! It's been glorious!!
- I finished reading Dangerous Surrender. Fabulous!
- My clothes are fitting too tightly! I refuse to accept that it's the ice cream sandwiches, so my dryer must be shrinking my clothes...I ought to have someone come look at it.
- I shouldn't have bought the bag of "fun-size" Twix and the other bag of "snack-size" Snickers!
- I made a huge mess cleaning my schoolroom, got it picked up after 3 days, threw out a big bag of recycling, and the room doesn't look any cleaner than when I started! I wish an organized friend would come over and help me make sense of it!!
- I finally got organized enough to join Paperback Swap. I got my first book in the mail today (a hardback copy of And the Shofar Blew). I even overcame my nemesis (the Post Office) and mailed two books!
- I've taken so many pictures this summer of camping, boating, fishing, birthdays, etc. and haven't done a thing with them!
- I haven't gotten as much academic work done this summer as I had hoped/planned.
- My middle daughter (8) has read 136 books for the summer reading program so far; most of them are chapter books, some of them were quite long and challenging.
- I am gleaning so much from reading Paul Tripp's Age of Opportunity! If you have teens, or will within the next few years, I highly recommend it!!
- Yesterday, just as I was prepared to tell the kids at the door, selling cookie dough, that I wasn't interested, the boy said that their family was fund-raising to adopt an 8 year old girl from Ukraine, through the same program from which we met our orphan friend. How could I say no after that?!? It made me a little sad that we weren't adopting ourselves!
- I'm woefully behind on blog reading. My blog reader is telling me that there are 27 unread posts at A Familiar Path, and that's one of the blogs I usually keep up with pretty regularly! Altogether, I have 678 unread posts.
- It's sad to be so behind on blog-reading, because I have the best and most encouraging blog friends on the world wide web!!
Grace and Peace,